Level of Expertise:
After the training, participants should be able to answer the following main questions:
- How should the overall management of an H2020 project look like?
- Which IP-aspects have to be considered in collaborative research projects?
- What are the different interests of the participating parties?
- At which stages of the project does IP matter?
- Which rules exist within H2020 and what requirements have to be met?
- Which terminology is used?
- How do I define relevant background for my project?
- How do I define ownership of foreground?
- How do I deal with foreground in dissemination activities?
- How do I set up a regime for granting access rights?
- How do I successfully negotiate IP issues within the project consortium?
- How do I implement an IP management strategy within the project?
- Who should be in charge of this management (organisational structure)?
- How can I best exploit research results (i. e. market innovation, new products etc.)?
- What do different exploitation options look like in detail (advantages vs. disadvantages)?
- How do I successfully solve IP conflicts? What possibilities do I have to enforce my rights?
- What are the specific IP issues in particular scientific areas/projects (Biotechnology, IMI etc.)?
European IPR Helpdesk Trainer
45 minutes (presentation) + 15 minutes (Q&As)