Just after a few weeks following to the glamorous European Inventor Award 2015 Ceremony, European Patent Office (EPO) has started next year’s award marathon by opening the nominations for 2016. Rewarding the outstanding inventors from around the world; people from industry, research institutes, IP associations and universities, as well as the general public can nominate themselves or put forward a nominee for the following categories:
- Industry: for outstanding and successful technologies patented by large European companies
- SMEs: for exceptional inventions at small-to-medium-sized enterprises (SMEs)
- Research: for pioneering inventors working at universities or research institutes
- Lifetime Achievement: honouring the long-term contribution of an individual European inventor
- Non-European Countries: for all inventors who are not European nationals but have been granted a European patent
The deadline for submissions is 14 October 2015.
More information is available here.