Department Technology Transfer and IP Management Center of Plant Systems Biology and Biotechnology Plovdiv 4000, Bulgaria
Axel Koch, Michele Dubbini
This one day traning will address the following topics:
IP management at application, implication and impact stages of collaborative research projects, Effective IP strategies to maximize the impact of research
- IP management: Necessary provisions for commercialization and technology transfer
- IP ownership (Institutional, Joint, etc.): what are the decisive factors?
- nonprotected background and foreground IP
- matching different institutional strategies
- Necessary agreements for collaborative research under a consortium: scope and provisions, time frames
- possible conflicts and disputes
Introduction to IP and IPR,
- What is Intellectual Property (IP)?
- What are Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)?
- Why should I deal with IP/IPR issues? Why should IP be an integral part of my business strategy? What are the first steps to be taken?
- What IP protection can I use (e.g. trademarks, patents etc.)?
- To which institutions can I turn for help?
- What do different IP titles cost?
- How do I perform basic IP searches? What tools exist?
- What does counterfeiting mean?
- How can IPR be enforced?
- What are the basic mechanisms of making money with IP?