Level of Expertise: Entry
This webinar aims at providing: A general overview of the protection of geographical indications.
After the training, participants should be able to answer the following main questions:
- What is a geographical name?
- What are the main types of geographical names?
- What value do geographical names represent for businesses?
- How are geographical indications protected?
- How are geographical indications enforced?
- What are the differences between geographical indications and trade marks?
- What type of conflicts can arise between geographical indications and trade marks?
- How can searches of geographical indications be performed?
Duration:60 minutes (presentation) + 15 minutes (Q&A)
Registration: The registration will open on the 06th of February.
Webinar Guide: For further information on how to join our webinar sessions, please have a look at our quick guide available for download below. For our web-based training sessions we use WebEX Conferencing Technology. We would like you to take note that you will be asked by WebEx to install a browser application (i. e. the WebEx event center) on your computer when you use WebEx for the first time. This will only take a few minutes, but just for you to have this step in mind, and to possibly inform your system administrator.
Assistance: For any technical assistance or questions, please get in touch with our training team at: firstname.lastname@example.org