The European Commission, in collaboration with the German Federal Ministry of Justice and Consumer Protection, and the EU Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO), is hosting a summit that will address the growing impact of IPR infringement on our society and the challenges that follow.
The new trends and technologies, as well as alternative enforcement techniques relevant to the online environment, will be examined.
The event is organised into three main panel discussions:
- Current online trends and challenges
- Looking ahead
- International cooperation
- Elżbieta Bieńkowska, the Commissioner for Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs (DG GROW), who will give a keynote speech
- Antti Peltomäki, Deputy Director-General of DG GROW
- Charlina Vitcheva, Deputy Director-General of the Joint Research Centre
- Maria Martin-Prat, Director for Services, Investment, Intellectual Property and Public Procurement at the Directorate-General for Trade.
The event is addressed to key European and international decision makers, enforcement agencies, multinational companies, consumer representatives and businesses.
For more information and the registration form, click here.