Level of Expertise: Entry
Whether you want to know more about the basic IP rules in EU-funded R&D programmes (FP7/Horizon 2020) or learn about common pitfalls and IP challenges in collaborative research projects, this webinar aims to give you a basic understanding of how to properly deal with IP issues in EU-funded research and innovation initiatives.
After the training, participants should be able to answer the following main questions:
- What are the key characteristics of an EU-funded project and the different participating partners?
- Which IP aspects have to be considered in collaborative research projects?
- At which stages of the project does IP matter?
- Which rules exist within H2020 and what requirements have to be met?
- Which terminology is used?
- How do I define relevant background for my project?
- How do I define ownership of foreground?
- How do I set up a regime for granting access rights?
What are basic IP aspects to be considered under Horizon 2020? (Please note that additional webinars specifically addressing exploitation issues under Horizon 2020 will be offered separately in the course of this year.)
Duration: 60 minutes (presentation) + 15 minutes (Q&As)
Fee: The webinar is offered free of charge.
Registration: The webinar is fully booked.
Webinar Guide: For further information on how to join our webinar sessions, please have a look at our quick guide available for download below. For our web-based training sessions we use WebEX Conferencing Technology. Please note that you will be asked by WebEx to install a browser application (i. e. the WebEx event center) on your computer when you use WebEx for the first time. This will only take a few minutes, but you should take this step into account when joining the session, and possibly inform your system administrator.
Assistance: For any technical issues or questions, please contact the training team at: email@example.com