Level of Expertise: Intermediate
Prerequisites: General knowledge of intellectual property
This webinar will provide you with intermediate concepts of Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) and licensing practices in software. From free and open source to proprietary licences, a strong focus will be placed on business strategies. The complementarity of IPR (such as copyright, patent, trademark) in the domain will also be presented.
After the training, participants should be able to answer the following main questions:
· Which IPR apply to software? When should they be sought?
· How should IPR be used for software valorisation?
· How do licences from pre-existing software components interoperate?
· What are the major drawbacks/ advantages of the main Free Software licences?
· What is IP management in the field of software?
· What are the main categories of proprietary software licences?
· What are the current trends/ dynamics related to IPR in the software industry?
Duration: 60 minutes (presentation) + 15 minutes (Q&A session)
Fee: The webinar is free of charge.
Registration: The webinar is now fully booked.
For further information on how to join our webinar sessions, please read our quick guide available for download below. For our web-based training sessions we use WebEX Conferencing Technology. We would like you to take note that you will be asked by WebEx to install a browser application (i. e. the WebEx event center) on your computer when you use WebEx for the first time. This will only take a few minutes, but please have this step in mind, and if appropriate inform your system administrator.