Level of Expertise: Entry
This webinar aims to give you a basic understanding of how to deal properly with intellectual property issues and learn about common pitfalls and IP challenges in EU-funded research and innovation initiatives (FP7/Horizon 2020).
After the training, participants should be able to answer the following main questions:
- What are the key characteristics of an EU-funded project and the different participating partners?
- Which IP aspects have to be considered in collaborative research projects?
- At which stages of the project does IP matter?
- What rules exist within Horizon 2020 and what requirements have to be met?
- What terminology is used?
- How do I define relevant background for my project?
- How do I define ownership of results?
- How do I set up a regime for granting access rights?
- What are basic IP aspects to be considered under Horizon 2020? (Please note that additional webinars specifically addressing exploitation issues under Horizon 2020 will be offered separately)
Duration: 60 minutes (presentation) + 15 minutes (Q&As)
Fee: The webinar is offered free of charge.
Registration: this webinar was fully booked.
Webinar Guide: For further information on how to join our webinar sessions, please have a look at our quick guide available for download below. For our web-based training sessions we use WebEX Conferencing Technology. Please note that you will be asked by WebEx to install a browser application (i. e. the WebEx event center) on your computer when you use WebEx for the first time. This will only take a few minutes, but you should take this step into account when joining the session, and possibly inform your system administrator.
Assistance: For any technical issues or questions, please contact the training team at: firstname.lastname@example.org